Warm Chocolate Pudding Cakes
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes eight 2 1/2-inch cakes
The batter for these buttery chocolate cakes comes together almost effortlessly in a food processor.
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup sweet sherry
- 4 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips (3/4 cup)
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spray 8 nonstick muffin cups with vegetable oil spray.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and sherry and bring to a boil. In a food processor, pulse the chocolate chips until chopped. With the machine on, pour in the sherry syrup and process until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Blend in the butter a little bit at a time. Add the eggs 1 at a time and process until blended. Add the flour and pulse to incorporate.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups. Set the muffin pan in a roasting pan filled with 1 inch of warm water. Bake the cakes for about 20 minutes, until risen around the edges and firm. Let the cakes cool slightly on a rack.
- Invert a baking sheet lined with wax paper over the muffin pan. Turn the cakes out onto the wax paper. Using a spatula, transfer the cakes to plates. Top with ice cream and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.