- 3 tablespoons Annatto Oil
- 7 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- One 3-pound cauliflower, cut into 1-inch florets
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Ají for serving
- Sherry vinegar, for drizzling
How to make this recipe
- Heat the Annatto Oil in a large saucepan. Add the garlic and cook over moderate heat until golden, about 1 minute. Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the cumin, salt and pepper and stir in the cauliflower until coated. Add the water, cover and simmer over low heat until the cauliflower is tender, about 7 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cauliflower to a serving bowl. Simmer the cauliflower cooking liquid until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 4 minutes. Pour the liquid over the cauliflower and toss. Serve warm or at room temperature, with Ají, and sherry vinegar for drizzling.
The cauliflower salad can be refrigerated overnight. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Calories 99 kcal, Total Fat 7.1 gm, Saturated Fat 0.9 gm, Protein 2 gm, Carbohydrates 8 gm.