- 2 pounds brussels sprouts, halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- One 1/4-inch piece of star anise
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 serrano chiles, seeded and thinly sliced
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 425°. In a large bowl, toss the halved brussels sprouts with the olive oil and season them with salt. Spread on a large rimmed baking sheet and roast for about 40 minutes, stirring once or twice, until the brussels sprouts are tender and crisp on the edges.
Meanwhile, in a small skillet, toast the caraway seeds and star anise until they are fragrant, about 1 minute. Transfer to a spice grinder and let cool completely, then grind to a fine powder.
In a small bowl, whisk the carrot with the lime juice, honey, garlic and the spice powder. In the large bowl, toss the hot brussels sprouts with the dressing, scallions, mint, cilantro and chiles and season with salt. Serve right away.