- 1 medium mango
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped candied ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
How to make this recipe
- Peel half the mango and cut 1/2-inch-thick lengthwise slices down to the pit. Cut crosswise to release the slices. Repeat the process with the other half, then cut the mango slices into 1/2-inch dice.
- In a small nonreactive saucepan, combine the mango, blueberries, sugar, lemon juice, candied ginger, and lemon zest with 1/4 cup of water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Lower the heat and simmer until the fruit is softened and the liquid thickened, about 15 minutes. Let cool slightly.
The compote can be prepared up to 3 days ahead; cover and refrigerate. Rewarm before serving.
One Serving Calories 88 kcal, Protein.4 gm, Carbohydrate 23 gm, Cholesterol 0, Total Fat .2 gm, Saturated Fat .1 gm.