© James Baigrie
Warm Bacon and Egg Salad
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 4
From Marc Vetri, a 1999 Best New Chef, at Vetri in Philadelphia.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 12 cups packed mesclun (6 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 slices thick-cut lean bacon, cut crosswise into thin strips
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil with the vinegars, basil and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Add the mesclun and toss well.
- Melt the butter in a nonstick skillet. Add the bacon; cook over moderately high heat until crisp, 2 minutes. Quickly stir in the eggs and cook until barely scrambled, about 15 seconds. Remove from the heat to prevent overcooking. Spoon over the salad, toss and serve.