- 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds fresh fava beans, shelled (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound thin asparagus
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Fleur de sel, for sprinkling
How to make this recipe
In a medium bowl, whisk the ricotta cheese with the lemon zest and season with kosher salt and black pepper.
In a medium saucepan of salted boiling water, cook the fava beans until the skins start to loosen, about 2 minutes. Drain and cool under running water, then squeeze the fava beans from their skins. In a medium bowl, toss the favas with the parsley, mint and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil; season with kosher salt and black pepper.
In a large saucepan of salted boiling water, blanch the asparagus until crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes, then drain. In a medium bowl, toss the asparagus with the lemon juice and the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil; season with kosher salt and black pepper. Transfer the asparagus to plates and spoon the ricotta and favas over the top. Sprinkle the salads with fleur de sel and serve.
Zippy, zesty Grüner Veltliner