© Tina Rupp
Warm Almond Milk with Bananas and Honey
- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
The Good News Warm milk helps you sleep, and bananas cause drowsiness as well.
- 1/2 pound roasted unsalted almonds with skin (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 quart skim milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon cardamom seeds
- 2 bananas, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- In a food processor, grind the almonds to a coarse powder. Transfer to a medium saucepan. Add the milk, 1 tablespoon of the honey and the cardamom. Warm over moderate heat. Off the heat, cover and let stand for 20 minutes, then strain. Discard the solids.
- In a medium nonstick skillet, warm the remaining 3 tablespoons of honey. Add the bananas and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, for 2 minutes. Scrape into bowls, pour in the warm almond milk and serve with spoons.
NotesOne Serving 284 cal, 8 gm fat, 1.0 gm saturated fat, 45 gm carb, 3 gm fiber.