Â© Martin Morrell
- TOTAL TIME: 10 MIN Plus overnight chilling
- SERVINGS: Makes 3 1/2 cups
When this creamy sauce, inspired by Georgian bazhe, is first made, the onion flavor is intense, but it mellows overnight.
More Condiment Recipes
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts (1/2 pound)
- 1 1/2 cups plain whole-milk yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced basil leaves
- In a food processor, puree the walnuts, yogurt and Sriracha; transfer to a bowl. Fold in the garlic and onion, season with salt and refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, garnish the sauce with the basil.
Make AheadThe walnut-yogurt sauce can be refrigerated for up to 5 days.