- SERVINGS: Makes about 1 1/4 cups
Toss this pesto with pasta or roasted vegetables, spread it on thickly sliced tomatoes and broil, or stuff it under the skin of a chicken before roasting.
- 1 1/2 cups walnut halves (6 ounces)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Crushed red pepper
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the walnuts on a rimmed baking sheet and toast for 12 minutes, or until golden. Cool the walnuts and finely chop.
- In a mortar, mash the garlic with a pinch each of crushed red pepper and salt until a paste forms. Add the walnuts and parsley and pound to a coarse paste. Slowly add the olive oil, pounding and stirring until blended. Stir in the Parmesan and season with salt.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.