- 2 pounds baking potatoes - peeled, coarsely shredded and squeezed dry
- 1 medium onion, shredded
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter, plus more for brushing
- Smoked salmon, for serving
- Sour cream, for serving
How to make this recipe
- Heat an 8-inch waffle iron and preheat the oven to 200°. In a bowl, mix the potatoes, onion, eggs, flour, chopped dill, salt, baking powder and the 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Brush the waffle iron with melted butter; spread one-fourth of the potato mixture onto it. Close and cook on high until the blini is golden and crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a rack in the oven to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining potatoes. Serve topped with smoked salmon and sour cream.
You can also make these in a Belgian waffle maker. Spoon one-third of the mixture onto the waffle iron instead of one-fourth.