- TOTAL TIME: 05 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes 1 drink
Jean-Georges Vongerichten's genius as a chef is unquestioned; less known are his gifts as a mixologist. Most of Lagoon's cocktails, like this piquant margarita, are his. Serve this with coriander-seasoned popcorn.
- Kosher salt
- 1 quarter-size slice of fresh ginger
- One 1/4-inch slice of Thai chile
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 ounces añejo tequila
- 1/2 ounce Cointreau
- 1 lime wedge
- Moisten the rim of a margarita glass and press into the salt. In a cocktail shaker, muddle the ginger, chile, sugar and lemon juice. Add the tequila, Cointreau and ice and shake. Strain into the prepared glass over ice. Squeeze in lime juice, fasten the wedge to the glass and serve.