- TOTAL TIME: 5 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes about 6 cups
- 4 cups distilled white vinegar
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium glass or ceramic bowl and whisk until the sugar and salt are thoroughly dissolved. Season to taste; the sauce should be piquant and flavorful.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.