- SERVINGS: MAKES 6 CUPS
Among the many flavored wines that Daniel Boulud makes is this festive aperitif. It's also perfect with dessert. The wine must stand for at least 40 days to be at its best, so plan accordingly.
Plus: Ultimate Cocktail Guide
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 5 cups white or rosé wine
- 1 cup kirsch
- 1/2 vanilla bean—split, seeds scraped and reserved
- 2 navel oranges
- 1/2 lemon
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and water and bring to a boil. Pour the syrup into a large heatproof bowl and let cool. Stir in the wine, kirsch and the vanilla bean and seeds.
- Slice the oranges and the lemon half crosswise 1/4 inch thick. Cut the slices into small triangles. Put the fruit in a large carafe and pour in the wine mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 40 days.
- Before serving, strain the wine through a double layer of cheesecloth.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.