- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 5 cups white or rosé wine
- 1 cup kirsch
- 1/2 vanilla bean—split, seeds scraped and reserved
- 2 navel oranges
- 1/2 lemon
How to make this recipe
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and water and bring to a boil. Pour the syrup into a large heatproof bowl and let cool. Stir in the wine, kirsch and the vanilla bean and seeds.
- Slice the oranges and the lemon half crosswise 1/4 inch thick. Cut the slices into small triangles. Put the fruit in a large carafe and pour in the wine mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 40 days.
- Before serving, strain the wine through a double layer of cheesecloth.