- SERVINGS: Makes 1 drink
Absinthe Brasserie & Bar · San Francisco
Jonny Raglin likes using tequila in cocktails because of the spirit's versatility. In his frothy Villa Flores, muddled jalapeño and ground Sichuan peppercorns magnify the heat of peppery blanco tequila.
- 1 fresh jalapeño slice, seeded
- 2 ounces blanco tequila, preferably 7 Leguas
- 1 large egg white
- 1 ounce fresh grapefruit juice
- 1/2 teaspoon agave nectar
- 2 dashes of orange flower water
- Pinch of ground Sichuan peppercorns, for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the jalapeño. Add the tequila and egg white; shake well. Add ice and the juice, Agave nectar and flower water; shake again. Strain into a chilled coupe; garnish with the pepper.