- 1/2 cup chicken stock or low-sodium broth
- 1/4 cup Asian fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 pounds shelled and deveined medium shrimp
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- One 6-ounce bunch watercress, large stems discarded and leaves coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- Rice, for serving
- In a small bowl, whisk together the stock, fish sauce, sugar and cornstarch.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil. Add the shrimp and cook over high heat, turning once, until just white throughout, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil to the skillet. Add the shallots and ginger and stir-fry over high heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir the stock mixture, add it to the skillet and bring to a boil. Stir in the watercress, then stir in the shrimp and lime juice and season with pepper. Transfer the stir-fry to bowls, sprinkle with the peanuts and serve with rice.
Crisp, citrusy Sauvignon Blanc.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.