© Tina Rupp
Vietnamese Peach Relish
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 3 cups
Alice Waters likes eating savory peach relishes with fish. Make sure to use peaches that are firm enough to hold their shape once diced.
More Peach Dishes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 serrano chile or jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 firm, ripe medium peaches, peeled and finely diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- In a mortar (or using a mini food processor), pound the garlic and chile with the brown sugar until a paste forms. Stir in the fish sauce, lime juice and 2 tablespoons of water. Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl and stir in the peaches, cilantro and mint.
Serve WithGrilled halibut or shrimp.