- 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 jalapeño, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a bowl, whisk all of the ingredients together. Place the chicken in a large, resealable bag and add the marinade. Seal the bag and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan and brush liberally with vegetable oil. Scrape any marinade off the chicken, season it generously with salt and pepper and grill.
Shredded carrot, onion, mint, cilantro and lettuce leaves for wrapping.