- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Asian fish sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium shallots, minced
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 8 thin, center-cut pork loin chops on the bone (about 6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- Jasmine Rice with Carrot Relish, for serving
How to make this recipe
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetable oil with the honey, fish sauce, garlic, shallots and pepper. Add the pork chops, turn to coat thoroughly with the marinade and refrigerate overnight.
- Light a grill. Lightly season the pork chops with salt. Brush the grill with oil and cook the pork chops over very high heat until nicely charred and just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Scatter the peanuts on top and serve right away with Jasmine Rice with Carrot Relish.
Pork is often thought of as a hearty meat, but it can actually be quite light. And a sweet marinade like this one pairs well with a brisk, unoaked white. Try a dry Riesling from Australia or France's Alsace region.