Vermouth-Poached Shrimp with Ginger Remoulade
- ACTIVE: 30 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 8
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup Heinz Chili Sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Creole or other grainy mustard
- 1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Hot sauce
- 3 cups dry vermouth
- 2 1/2 pounds large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- PREPARE THE SHRIMP: In a food processor, combine the scallions, Heinz sauce, lemon juice, ginger, mustards, garlic and paprika and process until smooth. With the machine on, gradually pour in the oil and process until blended. Season with hot sauce and salt. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate.
- In a large skillet, bring the vermouth to a boil. Add the shrimp and cook over low heat, turning once, until just pink and curled, 8 minutes; drain and let cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate. Serve with the remoulade.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.