Veggie Burgers with Pomegranate Ketchup
- ACTIVE: 45 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds, chopped
- 1/2 pound white mushrooms
- 1 cup steamed shelled edamame
- 2 1/2 cups cooked green or brown lentils
- 2 cups cooked Israeli couscous
- 2 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground dried porcini
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 burger buns, split and toasted
- 1/2 cup ketchup mixed with 1 tablespoon of pomegranate molasses
- Mesclun greens tossed with lemon juice and sautéed mushrooms, for serving
- In a food processor, combine the raisins and almonds and process until finely chopped. Add the mushrooms and process until coarsely chopped. Add the edamame, lentils and half of the couscous and process until coarsely chopped. In a small bowl, dissolve the curry in the lemon juice and add to the processor along with the porcini and process to a coarse paste. Fold in the remaining couscous and season with salt. Form the mixture into 6 patties, about 1 inch thick.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil. Add the patties and cook over moderate heat, turning once, until browned, 6 minutes.
- Arrange the bun halves on plates and spread them with pomegranate ketchup. Set the burgers on the buns, top with the greens and sautéed mushrooms and serve.
Rich rosés work well with flavorful vegetarian burgers.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.