- 2 zucchini, sliced diagonally 1/3 inch thick
- 1/2 pound shiitake mushrooms, stemmed
- 1/2 pound thick asparagus, peeled
- 1 red onion, sliced 1/3 inch thick
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 small shallot, very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Light a grill. Brush the zucchini, mushrooms, asparagus and onion with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the vegetables over high heat, turning occasionally, until lightly charred in spots and tender, 15 to 18 minutes. Transfer the grilled vegetables to a serving platter.
- Meanwhile, spread the walnuts in a pie plate and toast for about 12 minutes, until fragrant. Let cool completely.
- Transfer the toasted walnuts to a food processor. Add the shallot, thyme, lemon juice, lemon zest and the 1/2 cup of olive oil and pulse until the nuts are coarsely chopped. Season the dressing with salt and pepper and drizzle over the grilled vegetables. Serve.
A bright, nutty Soave Classico compliments this dish.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.