- 1 1/2 cups couscous (about 10 ounces)
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped zucchini
- 1/3 cup dried currants
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 1/2 cups Vegetable Stock or chicken stock, or 2 cups canned chicken broth mixed with 1/2 cup water
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
- In a large bowl, toss together the couscous, onion, celery, red and yellow peppers, zucchini, currants and parsley.
- In a small saucepan, bring the Vegetable Stock to a boil. Pour the stock over the couscous, tossing with a spatula to evenly combine. Cover and let stand until the liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; serve warm or at room temperature.
One Serving Calories 218 kcal, Protein 7 gm, Carbohydrate 46 gm, Cholesterol 0, Total Fat .8 gm, Saturated Fat .1 gm.