- 5 cups chicken stock or canned low-sodium broth
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, finely shredded
- 1 celery rib, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 pound baby spinach, shredded
- 3 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
In a saucepan, combine the stock and garlic and bring to a boil. Add the carrot and celery, cover and cook over moderately high heat until the celery is crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Add the spinach, parsley and 2 tablespoons of Parmesan and simmer for 2 minutes.
Beat the eggs in a bowl and pour them into the soup. Cook over moderately low heat for 30 seconds, gently stirring with a fork until threads appear. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle the soup into bowls; serve with Parmesan cheese.