- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 9 CUPS
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 3 celery ribs, coarsely chopped
- 1 leek, coarsely chopped
- 6 fresh oregano sprigs, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tablespoon whole peppercorns
- Combine all of the ingredients in a pot; cover with 12 cups of water. Bring to a boil over moderately high heat, then simmer over moderately low heat for 1 hour. Strain the stock.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.