- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 3 celery ribs, coarsely chopped
- 1 leek, coarsely chopped
- 6 fresh oregano sprigs, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tablespoon whole peppercorns
- Combine all of the ingredients in a pot; cover with 12 cups of water. Bring to a boil over moderately high heat, then simmer over moderately low heat for 1 hour. Strain the stock.
Make AheadThe stock can be refrigerated for up to 1 week or frozen for up to 1 month.
NotesOne Cup Calories 16 kcal, Protein .4 gm, Carbohydrate 4 gm, Cholesterol 0, Total Fat .04 gm, Saturated Fat 0