- 1 cup Simple Squash Puree
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, plus shavings for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 leeks, white and tender green parts, finely chopped
- 1 small celery rib, finely chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 plum tomatopeeled, seeded and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced sage
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine the Squash Puree with the flour, egg, Parmesan, nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoon of salt and stir until smooth.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the leeks and celery and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the leeks are softened. Add the broth and tomato and bring to a boil.
- Cut 1/2 inch off the corner of a sturdy plastic bag. Spoon the gnocchi dough into the bag. Gently squeeze the bag, cutting 1/2-inch lengths of dough into the simmering soup. Cook until the gnocchi rise to the surface; stir once and cook for 1 minute more. Add the parsley and sage and season with salt and pepper. Serve the soup with the shaved Parmesan.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.