- 1 cup Simple Squash Puree
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, plus shavings for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 leeks, white and tender green parts, finely chopped
- 1 small celery rib, finely chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 plum tomatopeeled, seeded and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced sage
- Freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
- In a medium bowl, combine the Squash Puree with the flour, egg, Parmesan, nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoon of salt and stir until smooth.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the leeks and celery and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the leeks are softened. Add the broth and tomato and bring to a boil.
- Cut 1/2 inch off the corner of a sturdy plastic bag. Spoon the gnocchi dough into the bag. Gently squeeze the bag, cutting 1/2-inch lengths of dough into the simmering soup. Cook until the gnocchi rise to the surface; stir once and cook for 1 minute more. Add the parsley and sage and season with salt and pepper. Serve the soup with the shaved Parmesan.
One serving Calories 248 kcal, Total Fat 10.4 gm, Saturated Fat 0.7 gm.