- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon French walnut oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 pound snow peas
- 1/4 pound haricots verts
- 1/4 pound baby carrots
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 small hearts of romaine, quartered
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon minced tarragon
- 1/4 pound salted fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- In a small skillet, heat the vegetable oil. Add the garlic and cook over low heat until golden, about 30 seconds. Add the curry powder and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Scrape the mixture into a small bowl and let cool. Whisk in the olive oil and walnut oil, then whisk in the vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium saucepan of boiling salted water, blanch the snow peas until they are bright green, about 20 seconds. With a slotted spoon, transfer the snow peas to a baking sheet and spread them out to cool. Add the haricots verts to the boiling water and cook until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer them to the baking sheet to cool. Repeat with the carrots, cooking them until barely tender, about 4 minutes; transfer them to the baking sheet. Add the peas and cook until bright green, about 1 minute; transfer them to the baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, toss together the snow peas, haricots verts, carrots, peas, tomatoes, hearts of romaine, basil and tarragon. Add the mozzarella and the curry vinaigrette and toss well. Serve right away.
The blanched vegetables can be refrigerated separately overnight.