Vegetable Risotto Dressing
- ACTIVE: 25 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded, caps thinly sliced
- 3 carrots, cut into 1/3-inch dice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 pound Broccolini or broccoli, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup arborio rice
- 2 cups chicken stock or canned low-sodium broth
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the mushrooms and carrots, season with salt and pepper and cook over moderately high heat for 5 minutes. Add the Broccolini and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the red pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Add the shallot and cook over moderate heat until softened but not browned, about 4 minutes. Add the rice and cook for 1 minute. Add the stock and bring to a boil. Add the Parmesan, cover and cook for about 17 minutes. Stir the rice and panko into the vegetables and season with salt and pepper.
- Butter a 6-cup baking dish and spread the rice in it. Bake for about 45 minutes, or until lightly browned. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.