Vegetable Hobo Packs with Goat Cheese
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 35 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4 SIDE-DISH SERVINGS
- 3 medium leeks (1 1/4 pounds), white and tender green parts only, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise 1/2 inch thick
- 1 pound small zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 pound thin asparagus, cut into 1 1/2-inch lengths
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons soft goat cheese, crumbled (1 ounce)
- Light a grill. In a large bowl, toss the leeks with the zucchini, asparagus, olive oil and dill. Season with salt and pepper.
- Tear off four 14-inch-long sheets of extra-heavy-duty foil. Mound half of the vegetables in the center of each of 2 foil sheets. Cover the vegetables with the 2 remaining sheets of foil; fold up the edges all around to seal.
- Grill the packs over a very hot fire for about 16 minutes, or until sizzling and puffed. Using oven mitts, transfer the packs to a large platter. Open carefully and transfer the vegetables to the platter. Top with the goat cheese and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.