- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Four 4-ounce veal cutlets
- 4 cups baby arugula (4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (1 1/2 ounces)
How to make this recipe
- Light a grill. In a large bowl, whisk the olive oil with the sherry vinegar, minced shallot and Dijon mustard. Season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
- Heat a medium cast-iron skillet on the grill. Add the tomatoes and cook over high heat, shaking the pan a few times, until the tomatoes are charred and the skins begin to split, about 4 minutes. Add the tomatoes to the vinaigrette and lightly smash the tomatoes to release some of their juices.
- Season the veal with salt and pepper. Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill the veal, turning once, until just cooked through, about 2 minutes. Transfer to plates.
- Add the arugula and the cheese shavings to the tomatoes and toss well. Place the salad alongside the veal and serve.
Light, fragrant Gamay, such as a Morgon from France's Beaujolais region.