- 1 1/4 pounds thinly sliced veal scaloppine, cut into 2-by-1/3-inch strips
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup minced shallots
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
How to make this recipe
- Season the veal with salt and pepper. Put the flour in a small bag, add the veal and shake to coat. Shake off any excess.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add half of the veal and cook over moderately high heat until barely cooked through, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining meat.
- Add the mushrooms and shallots to the skillet and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the wine and simmer briefly until almost evaporated.
- Add the cream and simmer over moderate heat until slightly reduced and the mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes. Return the veal to the skillet and bring to a simmer. Add the lemon juice, season with salt and pepper and serve.