- SERVINGS: 6 to 8
Minibar Los Angeles
Minibar's quirky menu is organized by "this" (hearty small plates like venison with mole), "that" (more hearty items like salmon-brie strudel) and "the other" (vegetarian options such as yuca biscuits with smoked gouda). These tender, chorizo-spiked meatballs are considered "that."
- 4-inch piece of chorizo, finely diced
- 1/2 small white onion, minced
- 1/2 cup minced bell pepper
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 pounds ground veal
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a medium skillet, cook the chorizo over moderate heat just until crisp. Add the onion, bell pepper and garlic and cook until softened. Stir in 1/4 cup of the cilantro and let cool.
- Gently mix the chorizo mixture with the veal and season well with salt and pepper. Roll the mixture into 1 1/2-inch meatballs and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450°. In a large ovenproof skillet, heat the vegetable oil. Add the meatballs and cook over moderately high heat until browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until cooked through. Transfer the meatballs to a platter, sprinkle with the remaining cilantro and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.