- 4-inch piece of chorizo, finely diced
- 1/2 small white onion, minced
- 1/2 cup minced bell pepper
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 pounds ground veal
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
How to make this recipe
In a medium skillet, cook the chorizo over moderate heat just until crisp. Add the onion, bell pepper and garlic and cook until softened. Stir in 1/4 cup of the cilantro and let cool.
Gently mix the chorizo mixture with the veal and season well with salt and pepper. Roll the mixture into 1 1/2-inch meatballs and chill for 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 450°. In a large ovenproof skillet, heat the vegetable oil. Add the meatballs and cook over moderately high heat until browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until cooked through. Transfer the meatballs to a platter, sprinkle with the remaining cilantro and serve.