© Anna Williams
Vanilla Sundaes with Crisped Rice-and-Peanut Crunch
- ACTIVE: 5 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- Vegetable oil
- 1 cup crisped rice cereal
- 1/2 cup dry-roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Vanilla ice cream and hot chocolate sauce, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Generously oil a rimmed baking sheet. In a bowl, toss the crisped rice and peanuts with the corn syrup until evenly coated; add a pinch of salt. Spread the mixture as thinly as possible on the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, until crisp. While still warm, transfer the crunch to a plate; let cool. Break the crunch into large pieces.
- Scoop vanilla ice cream into sundae glasses and pour hot chocolate sauce on top. Top with the crunch and serve.
Make Ahead The crunch can be stored overnight in an airtight container.