Vanilla Ice Milk and Espresso Parfaits
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 8
Chef Anne Quatrano's refreshing dessert, which can be served along with or instead of the strawberry biscuits, layers scoops of sweet eggless vanilla ice milk with a potent espresso syrup.
- 1 quart milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups brewed espresso
- Lightly sweetened whipped cream, for serving
- Cinnamon, for garnish
- In a medium saucepan, combine the milk with 1 cup of the sugar and stir over moderate heat until the sugar dissolves. Pour the milk into a large bowl and let cool to room temperature. Add the vanilla and refrigerate until chilled. Freeze the ice milk in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- In a medium saucepan, boil the espresso with the remaining 1 cup of sugar over moderately high heat until reduced to about 1 1/2 cups, about 10 minutes. Pour the syrup into a bowl and let cool to room temperature.
- Scoop the ice milk into Champagne flutes and drizzle with espresso syrup. Garnish each serving with a dollop of whipped cream and a pinch of cinnamon
Make Ahead The ice milk can be frozen for up to 1 day. The espresso syrup can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.