- 1 1/2 tablespoons cooled espresso (or 1 tablespoon instant coffee mixed with 1 1/2 tablespoon hot water, or 2 teaspoons coffee extract)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds only
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Yogurt and ice cream, for serving
How to make this recipe
- Preheat oven to 325° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the espresso, coconut oil, vanilla bean seeds and maple syrup. In another bowl, mix together the almonds, oats and shredded coconut. Slowly pour the espresso mixture over the dry ingredients and stir until the granola is coated.
- Spread across the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Stir and cook for another 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Serve with dark chocolate chips and yogurt or ice cream.
If looking to keep the recipe vegan, skip the chocolate chips and yogurt or ice cream.