- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 2 1/2 CUPS
Chef Holiday Recipes Made Easy
Delicious, Quick Side Dishes
- 1 pound McIntosh apples
- 1 pound Granny Smith apples
- 1 cup water
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Peel, core and quarter the apples. In a medium saucepan, combine the apples, water, vanilla and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until the apples are tender, about 15 minutes. Let cool, then remove the vanilla bean and whisk until a chunky sauce forms.
Make AheadThe applesauce can be refrigerated for up to 1 week.
Serve WithPotato-Apple Latkes.