- 4 cups large tortilla chips
- 1 1/2 cups shredded aged white cheddar cheese
- 3 small red bell peppers, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño with seeds, sliced
- 1/4 cup pitted black olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup corn kernels
- 2 heaping tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 cup small tomatoes, sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- Cilantro, Thai basil and lime wedges, for serving
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 400°. In a well-seasoned cast-iron skillet, in 3 batches, layer the tortilla chips, cheese, bell peppers, red onion, scallion, jalapeño, black olives and corn. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the chips begin to turn golden brown at the edges.
Remove from the oven and top the sour cream, tomato slices, avocado, cilantro and Thai basil. Serve immediately with lime wedges.