- 1 1/4 pounds white mushrooms—1 pound finely chopped, 1/4 pound thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 1/2 cups chicken stock or low-sodium broth
- 1 pound shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded and caps finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- Chopped chervil or parsley, for garnish
- In a bowl, toss the chopped white mushrooms with the lemon juice. In a large saucepan, combine the chicken stock with the chopped white and shiitake mushrooms and the garlic and bring to a boil; simmer over moderately low heat until the mushrooms are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium nonstick skillet, heat the oil. Add the sliced white mushrooms and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until golden brown and tender, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Working in batches, puree the soup in a blender until very smooth; return to the saucepan and whisk in the crème fraîche. Simmer for 2 minutes. Add the coriander and season with salt and pepper. Ladle the soup into bowls. Garnish with the sautéed mushrooms and chervil and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.