Two-Bean and Beet Salad with Feta
- SERVINGS: 8
- 2 pounds small golden or red beets, scrubbed
- 2 pounds mixed yellow wax and green beans
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup black currant vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/4 pound feta cheese, preferably Greek, crumbled (1 cup)
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Arrange the beets in a baking dish and fill with 1/4 inch of water. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes, or until tender. Let cool, then peel the beets and cut them into 1/2-inch-thick wedges.
- In a very large pot of boiling salted water, cook the beans over high heat until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and refresh under cold water. Drain well and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil with the vinegar until blended. In a large bowl, toss the beans with 1/2 cup of the vinaigrette and transfer to a platter. In the same large bowl, gently toss the beets and chives with the remaining 1/4 cup of vinaigrette and spoon over the beans. Season with salt, sprinkle the feta on top and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.