Twice-Cooked Broccoli with Hazelnuts and Garlic
- SERVINGS: 6
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts
- 1 large bunch of broccoli, cut into 1 1/2-inch florets
- 2 1/2 tablespoons hazelnut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Toast the hazelnuts in a pie pan for about 12 minutes, or until the skins blister. Let cool slightly, then transfer the nuts to a kitchen towel and rub to remove the skins. Coarsely chop the nuts.
- In a steamer, cook the broccoli until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet, combine the hazelnut oil, garlic and hazelnuts. Cook over high heat, stirring, until the garlic is pale golden, about 2 minutes. Add the broccoli and crushed red pepper and toss. Season with salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.