Twice-Baked Cheese & Scallion Potatoes
- SERVINGS: 8
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, coarsely shredded (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Rub the potatoes with the olive oil and season with salt and black pepper. Bake directly on the oven rack for about 1 hour, or until tender. Let stand until warm. Leave the oven on.
- Halve the potatoes lengthwise. Scoop the potato flesh into a bowl, leaving a 1/4-inch-thick shell. Add the scallions, cheddar, sour cream, butter, cayenne and nutmeg and mash until smooth; season with salt and black pepper.
- Scoop the filling into the potato skins and bake for about 25 minutes, until heated through and golden on top. Serve the potatoes hot.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.