Tuscan-Style Sautéed Spinach
- SERVINGS: 6
One of the best and simplest ways to prepare greens is to boil or steam them until almost cooked, then sauté them in olive oil with garlic.
- 2 pounds baby spinach
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- In a large pot, combine the spinach with the water and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over moderately low heat until just wilted, about 10 minutes. Drain the spinach, pressing out as much water as possible; chop coarsely.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the garlic and cook over moderately low heat until softened and lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Add the spinach, crushed red pepper and a generous pinch of salt and cook, tossing until heated through, about 3 minutes. Add the lemon juice and serve.