Tuscan Kale Pesto
- SERVINGS: Makes about 1 1/2 cups
This potent pesto can also be sprinkled on roasted chicken, pork loin or vegetables or tossed with pasta.
- 1 pound kale, ribs removed, leaves coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, quartered
- Kosher salt
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the kale, cover and cook over moderately high heat for 10 minutes. drain and rinse with cold water. Squeeze the excess water from the kale and transfer to a food processor. Add the olive oil, garlic and 1 teaspoon kosher salt and process until smooth. Season with more salt.
Make Ahead The pesto can be refrigerated for 1 day. Let return to room temperature before using.