Tuscan Kale in Ginger-Sesame Vinaigrette
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Inspired by oshitashi, the Japanese dish of cold cooked spinach in a light soy vinaigrette, F&W’s Kay Chun blanches Tuscan kale, then quickly chills it and tosses it with a gingery soy dressing.
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 pounds Tuscan kale, stems discarded and leaves chopped
- Kosher salt
- Fill a large bowl with ice water. In a medium bowl, stir together the soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic and sesame seeds. In a large pot of salted boiling water, blanch the kale until tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and cool the kale in the ice bath. Drain well and squeeze dry. Add the kale to the vinaigrette, toss to coat and season with salt.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.