- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 pounds Tuscan kale, stems discarded and leaves chopped
- Kosher salt
How to make this recipe
- Fill a large bowl with ice water. In a medium bowl, stir together the soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic and sesame seeds. In a large pot of salted boiling water, blanch the kale until tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and cool the kale in the ice bath. Drain well and squeeze dry. Add the kale to the vinaigrette, toss to coat and season with salt.
The blanched and drained kale can be refrigerated overnight.