- 3 pounds Tuscan kale, stems discarded and leaves coarsely shredded
- 1 quart heavy cream
- Pinch of finely grated nutmeg
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
How to make this recipe
- In a pot of salted boiling water, cook the kale until tender, 5 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Squeeze the kale very dry.
- In a saucepan, bring the cream to a boil. Simmer over moderate heat until nearly reduced by half, 25 minutes. Stir in the nutmeg and season with salt and pepper. Add the kale and simmer until it is coated in a thick, creamy sauce, 7 minutes. Stir in the grated cheese, transfer to a bowl and serve.