Turnip-Green Salsa Verde
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
Chef Dan Barber mixes turnip greens with mint and parsley to make his sensational salsa verde.
Slideshow: Salsa Recipes
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and minced
- 4 anchovy fillets in oil, drained and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup minced mint
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 5 baby turnips with greens, turnips very thinly sliced on a mandoline, greens reserved
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a bowl, mash the capers, anchovies and garlic. Add the mint and parsley. Mince the turnip greens; you should have 1/4 cup. Add to the bowl. Whisk in the lemon juice and oil; season with salt and pepper. Serve the salsa verde with the sliced turnips.