- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon black mustard seeds
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 head cauliflower (2 1/4 pounds), cut into 1-inch florets
Preheat the oven to 425°. In a small bowl, mix the oil with the tomato, mustard seeds, jalapeño, ginger and turmeric. On a large, rimmed baking sheet, toss the cauliflower florets with the flavored oil. Season with salt and spread the cauliflower in an even layer. Roast for about 25 minutes, or until lightly browned and barely tender. Serve hot or at room temperature.