- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini, cut into 4-by-1/2 -inch strips
- 1 pound Asian eggplants, cut into 4-by-1/2 -inch strips
- Kosher salt
- 3 carrots, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into wide strips
- 2 medium Yukon Gold potatoes (3/4 pound), peeled and diced
- 1 red onion, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon crushed coriander seeds
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups canned tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup canned chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 425°. In each of 2 colanders set in the sink, toss the zucchini and eggplants separately with 1 teaspoon each of kosher salt and let stand for 30 minutes. Rinse the vegetables under cold water; pat dry with paper towels.
- In a large roasting pan, toss the eggplants with the carrots, bell peppers, potatoes, red onion, olive oil, garlic, allspice and coriander seeds; season with kosher salt and pepper. Transfer to the oven and roast for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Add the zucchini and roast for 15 minutes. Stir in the tomato sauce and chickpeas and roast the vegetables for 10 minutes longer to blend the flavors. Stir in the parsley and cilantro and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.