- 1 1/2 cups (7 ounces) shelled unsalted pistachios or walnuts
- 1/2 cup pomegranate molasses
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds tomatoes, finely chopped, or cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 4 bunches of scallions (1 pound), finely chopped
- 2 cups chopped flat-leaf parsley (from two 1/4-pound bunches)
- 1 cup chopped mint leaves (from one 1/4-pound bunch)
- 1 medium cucumber—peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and minced
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the pistachios on a rimmed baking sheet and toast in the oven for about 8 minutes, or until lightly browned; let cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk the pomegranate molasses with the olive oil until blended. Season the dressing with salt.
- In a large bowl, toss the tomatoes with the scallions, parsley, mint, cucumber and jalapeños. Add the dressing and toss well. Season with salt. Spoon the salad onto a platter, sprinkle the pistachios over the top and serve.
The dressing can be made and the vegetables chopped 2 hours ahead. Toss just before serving.
1-cup serving Calories 276 kcal, Total Fat 17.8 gm, Saturated Fat 2.3 gm, Protein 7 gm, Carbohydrates 25 gm.