- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 turkey or pork sausages (1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 ripe apricots (1/2 pound)—halved, pitted and cut lengthwise into eighths
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped sage
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
How to make this recipe
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the sausages and brown well over moderately high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook them through, about 10 minutes. Transfer the sausages to a plate and keep warm.
Melt the butter in the same skillet. Add the apricots, balsamic vinegar, sage and brown sugar and season with salt and pepper. Cook over moderately low heat until the apricots begin to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the parsley. Transfer the sausages to plates or a platter, pour the apricots and pan juices over them and serve at once.