- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey breast meat
- 1 1/2 tablespoons panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 whole wheat kaiser rolls, split
- 4 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped, plus 1 tablespoon oil from the jar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto
- Red onion slices
- 1 bunch arugula, tough stems trimmed
How to make this recipe
- Light a grill. In a small skillet, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Add the onion and garlic and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the water and cook, stirring, until the onion is lightly browned, about 5 minutes longer. Scrape the onion into a medium bowl and let cool. Add the ground turkey, panko, 1 teaspoon of kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Knead the ground turkey mixture lightly and form it into 4 patties.
- Grill the burgers over a hot fire, turning once, until lightly charred on the outside and cooked through, about 6 minutes per side. Brush the cut sides of the rolls with the sun-dried tomato oil and grill until toasted, about 1 minute.
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the pesto and sun-dried tomatoes. Spread the mayo on the rolls and top with the burgers, red onion slices and arugula. Close the burgers and serve.
One Serving 519 cal, 19 gm fat, 2.3 gm saturated fat, 37 gm carb, 3 gm fiber.